A consultation with Dr. Kim in the first step is helpful in order to learn how a facelift can improve an aging face and neck. A consultation is designed to fully educate you about facelift in a non-pressured environment, and will include:
- A discussion of your goals and evaluation of your current signs of aging.
- The options available to you for facelift and facial rejuvenation.
- The likely outcomes of a facelift and the potential risks and complications associated with the procedure.
- The course of treatment recommended by your plastic surgeon.
Dr. Kim will also answer all of your questions.
Overall health and personal outlook can greatly impact the outcome of a facelift. These will be carefully evaluated in consultation with your plastic surgeon. The success of your procedure, safety and overall satisfaction require that you:
- Honestly share your expectations.
- Fully disclose health history, current medications, the use of vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drugs.
- Commit to precisely following all of your plastic surgeon’s instructions.
By making the decision to consult with Dr. Kim and following all the instructions given, you are taking an important step in helping to assure your safety.