A consultation with Dr. Kim is the first step to learn how eyelid surgery can improve the appearance of your eyelids and the surrounding region. A consultation is designed to fully educate you about eyelid surgery in a non-pressured environment, and will include:
- A discussion of your goals and an evaluation of your individual case.
- The options available for eyelid surgery.
- The likely outcomes of surgery and the potential risks and complications.
- The course of treatment recommended by your plastic surgeon.
Dr. Kim will also answer your questions.
Overall health and personal outlook can greatly impact the outcome of cosmetic eyelid surgery. These will be carefully evaluated in consultation with your plastic surgeon. The success of your procedure, safety and overall satisfaction requires that you:
- Honestly share your expectations with your plastic surgeon.
- Fully disclose health history, current medications, the use of vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco, and drugs.
- Commit to following all Dr. Kim's instructions precisely.